Bank of the Ozarks is here to help with all your business needs. We can even help reduce one of your biggest headaches – returned checks. Our Re$ubmitIt electronic check recovery service efficiently and discreetly handles the collection of your customers’ bounced checks. It is one of the most efficient methods of check recovery available with no change to your current check acceptance procedures. You will never have to spend valuable time and money on the collection process.
- 100% of the face value of all checks collected is paid to you the same day the funds clear
- Potentially double your rate of collection
- Fast collection with a higher rate of success
- Monitor all collections through 24/7 online reporting
- A true, no-cost solution
How Does Re$ubmitIt® Work?
The Re$ubmitIt® electronic check recovery service handles the collection process electronically from beginning to end, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network for re-presentment directly to the check writer’s bank account.
- Returned checks are sent from Bank of the Ozarks to Re$ubmitIt®, where eligible checks are converted into electronic items for re-presentment to the check writer’s bank account for collection.
- The electronic check file is processed and strategically timed for re-presentation. Presenting checks at proven “smart dates” improves the chance of collection.
- If the item is not recovered on the first electronic re-presentment, it is re-cued for a second electronic re-presentment (third total). If this third presentment fails, the check can be sent to Re$ubmitIt’s FREE secondary collections, or the check can be sent back to you.
- Upon settlement, 100% of the face value of the check is reimbursed to you automatically. The check writer’s account is charged a state-regulated collection fee to cover the cost of collection.
If you have questions about the Re$ubmitIt® electronic check recovery service, please email email@example.com.
As a reminder, email communications are not secure. Please never provide account information or other private information, such as Tax Identification Number, in any email communication. Existing customers that need to communicate securely should do so through their online Re$ubmitIt account. Prospective customers with questions or a need to discuss confidential information should contact your local Bank of the Ozarks Branch Manager.
Businesses who are enrolled and want to access ReSubmitIt online click here.
To be Eligible for Electronic Recovery, a Returned Check Must:
- Be a personal check to a business (not business-to-business)
- Be under $2,500
- Be less than 180 days old from date of transaction
- Cannot have been already submitted twice, either electronically or by paper draft
What Happens to Ineligible Checks?
Returned items that are less than $2,500 and ineligible for electronic re-presentment are re-submitted to the check writer’s account as a paper draft, subject to eligibility requirements. Items equal to or greater than $2,500, are not eligible for Re$ubmitIt services.